The cake (I just noticed the date is wrong on it ) :(
Solomon with his godparents Uncle Jon, Aunt Rachel, and Uncle Mike
The family
The grandparents
Brotherly love
The entire Heinen family
Four generation photo
Senate wore his Daddy's baptismal outfit, but it wasn't seasonally appropriate for Solomon to wear. Of course I still took pictures of Solomon in it though!
Uncle Jon had a seasonally appropriate baptismal outfit and since he is one of Solomon's godfathers we thought it would be nice to use that, but it was way too big (you can't really tell but the pants go all the way up to his armpits under the sweater and the feet hang off the bottom).
So I ordered him an outfit from onesmallchild.com and Grandma Heinen and Grandma Schmidt purchased it for him. The third time proved to be a charm indeed.
You can't really tell in this picture but he is laying on a blanket that I also ordered and had personalized for him. It was embroidered with a cross and his name and baptismal date in one corner. My intent is for his children to be able to use it and get their info embroidered in the other corners. Time will tell if Solomon (and more importantly his future wife) like that idea!
It was a bittersweet day because in addition to it being Solomon's baptism, it was Grandpa/Pastor Schmidt's last day preaching after a long career of 30+ years. We feel lucky and blessed that he was the one to baptize both the boys. It's kind of cool that his son Ben was the first baby he ever baptized and Solomon (his grandson) will be the last.
Friend Landon Hagenow, Senate, and cousins Delanie and Rylie had fun looking out the window and pretending to see things.
Two handsome dudes Landon and Senate
3 comments:
missy! you are truly my idol! how have you found time to update your blog, send gifts to friends & take care of both your boys?? i feel like i'm drowning with just one baby here at home :) btw i love the photo of the two boys at solomon's baptism. precious! hope all is well. jessie
where are those BREWERS game photos???
I'm glad that I could inspire you to post some pictures on here ... but I'm still waiting. :)
Post a Comment